If you are looking for an easy, yet delicious way to use up leftover pulled pork you are going to love this pulled pork tater tot casserole. This simple Midwestern recipe has leftover shredded pulled pork with barbecue sauce, baked beans, cheese, and of course, tater tots for a winning and filling dinner combination.
One of the best things about pulled pork is that you can make such a big amount of it at a time. It freezes well, it thaws well, it’s yummy as all get out. I love throwing a pork shoulder or pork butt roast in the slow cooker for pulled pork. If you’re looking for a great pulled pork recipe to start out with I recommend this Slow Cooker Rootbeer Pulled Pork. We absolutely love it. But you know, you can only eat so many pulled pork sandwiches before you’d like to try something a bit different. That’s where this tater tot casserole comes in.
This recipe comes together in just 4 steps!
- Step 1. Combine about 4 cups leftover pulled pork with your choice of bbq sauce and place it in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Step 2. Pour one can of baked beans over the pulled pork.
- Step 3. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese over the top of the beans.
- Step 4. Arrange the frozen tater tots over the top of the casserole and bake!
If you want to make it look fancier, feel free to sprinkle some extra cheese over the top before baking and a handful of chopped green onions before serving, or sliced jalapenos if you like it spicy. But that’s completely optional.
Just 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes to throw this hearty main dish casserole together. Because this recipe is so simple, it’s perfect for sharing with busy new parents who don’t have any extra time to spend in the kitchen or for teaching kids who are just beginning to learn to cook.
A Pulled Pork Southwestern Tater Tot Casserole Variation:
To change things up and give this tater tot casserole Southwestern flair, instead of using baked beans, add one can of drained black beans and a cup of frozen corn. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
Lots of tots? Try these Tater Tot Casseroles too!
Pin this recipe or click the ❤️ to save it for later!
- 4 cups of leftover pulled pork
- 1/2-3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine your leftover pulled pork with the barbecue sauce. Depending on how saucy your leftover pulled pork is you may need more or less barbecue sauce than recommended. Add the pulled pork to the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Pour one 28 ounce can of baked beans over the pulled pork.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the beans.
- Arrange the tater tots over the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 375 degrees or until the tops of the tater tots are golden brown and the edges of the casserole are bubbling and it's heated well through.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, pickled jalapenos or pickle slices if desired.
Southwestern Variation: To make a Southwestern Pulled Pork Tater Tot Casserole, Add one drained and rinsed can of black beans and a cup of frozen corn in place of the baked beans. Bake as directed. Serve with salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1263mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 19g
This nutritional information has been based on third-party calculations and should be considered as an estimate. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.