Jalapeno popper deviled eggs take classic deviled eggs and combine them with jalapenos, bacon, and two kinds of cheese for a zippy and addictive deviled egg combination.
Is it even a holiday dinner, if there’s not a plate of deviled eggs? Easter, 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and every holiday in between you’ll find a plate of deviled eggs in our house. Is your family the same way?
I love it because deviled eggs are a cheap and simple make ahead appetizer that’s always a crowd favorite!
If you love Deviled Eggs, check out these posts too!
Of course, any deviled egg recipe starts with hard boiled eggs. There are many ways to hard boil eggs, but my favorite is the instant pot, because they peel like an absolute dream!
To make hard boiled eggs in the instant pot:
- 1. Put a rack in the bottom of the instant pot. Place your eggs on the rack. Pour in a cup of water.
- 2. Cook on manual for 5 minutes. When the timer goes off, allow it to sit and natural release for 5 minutes.
- 3. After that second 5 minutes is up, put the eggs into an ice bath immediately to stop cooking.
If you don’t have an instant pot, there are are tons of methods and tricks to perfectly cook hard boiled eggs.
Similar to my Spicy Deviled Egg recipe, these Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs can be made more mild by simply adjusting the ingredients.
If you like some heat, use hot pickled jalapenos. But if you don’t, substitute mild pickled jalapenos.
The filling for these eggs is super creamy thanks to a combination of cream cheese and mayo!
Making deviled eggs step by step:
Step 1. Start by slicing your hardboiled eggs in half and removing the yolks.
Step 2. I like mixing the filling for my deviled eggs in a Ziploc bag. Just add the yolks with the rest of the ingredients and smash it until it’s smooth! Or combine in a bowl if you prefer.
Step 3. Snip off the end of the bag and pipe the filling into the eggs. Easy-peasy and zero clean up!
Step 4. Finish your jalapeno popper deviled eggs, by garnishing them with a slice of jalapeno. That way guests will know these aren’t your average deviled eggs!
Pin this recipe or click the ❤️ in the recipe card to save it for later!
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons mayo
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos, mild or hot
- 2 Tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno juice from the jar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and slice them in half length wise. Gently remove the yolks from the center.
- Add the egg yolks to a bowl or ziploc bag and mash. Add the remaining ingredients and combine until the filling is creamy and smooth. Season to taste with salt. (Depends on the saltiness of your bacon how much you'll need.)
- With a pair of kitchen shears, snip the end off the ziploc bag and pipe the filling into the eggs. Or spoon into the eggs if you aren't using a ziploc.
- If desired, garnish with a slice of jalapeno or piece of bacon. That way guests will know these aren't your average deviled eggs!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.