If you are the kind of person who loves everything with a little bit of heat then you are going to love these spicy deviled eggs.
Spicy deviled eggs have a kick of sriracha, a pinch of cayenne, a little mustard and relish for a deviled egg combo that brings the heat. Deviled eggs are a crowd favorite on any holiday table or part of any party spread. There’s so many great variations, obviously classic deviled eggs, but also jalapeno popper deviled eggs, BLT deviled eggs, and the spicy deviled eggs I’m sharing today!
This recipe is a variation of a classic deviled egg recipe, just tweaked a bit and with a few added ingredients.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Pickle relish
- And cayenne pepper
Of course any deviled egg recipe starts with hard boiled eggs. There are many ways to hard boil eggs, but my favorite is the instant pot because they peel like an absolute dream.
Need help finding the best method to hard boil eggs? Check out my post on 5 ways to hard boil eggs with different appliances you may have in your kitchen!
Let’s talk heat. This recipe isn’t crazy hot. It’s one of those things that you feel the warmth, not the burn. But if you like crazy hot, you can always add more Cayenne pepper! Likewise, if you would like to tone them back, just omit the cayenne pepper altogether.
Making deviled eggs step by step
Step 1. Start by slicing your hardboiled eggs in half and removing the yolks.
Step 2 . I like mixing the filling for my deviled eggs in a Ziploc bag. Just add the yolks with the rest of the ingredients and smash it until it’s smooth! Or combine in a bowl if you prefer.
Step 3. Snip off the end of the bag and pipe the filling into the eggs. Easy-peasy.
Step 4. Finish your spicy deviled eggs by garnishing them with a slice of sweet pickle, a sprinkle of cayenne, or a drizzle of sriracha to let people know these aren’t your average devilled egg.
Here are more recipes perfect for using up hard boiled eggs!
Pin this recipe or click the ❤️ to save it for later!
Spicy Deviled Eggs
Spicy deviled eggs have a kick of sriracha, a pinch of cayenne, a little mustard and relish for a deviled egg combo that brings the heat.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 Tablespoon chopped sweet pickles
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Pinch cayenne
- salt and pepper
- sliced sweet pickles for garnish
- Cayenne pepper or paprika for garnish
1. Start by peeling your hard boiled eggs. Slice them in half and gently remove the yolks.
2. In a bowl or in a Ziploc bag, add the egg yolks, mayo, sriracha, mustard, pickle relish, and cayenne. Mix them all together until the mixture is smooth.
3. Spoon the filling into the egg halves. Or simply cut the end off the Ziploc bag and pipe the filling into the eggs.
4. Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and a slice of sweet pickle to serve. You may instead choose to garnish with a drizzle of sriracha to let your friends know these are in fact spicy deviled eggs. Because other than a slightly more orange filling, these deviled eggs look pretty basic and someone might be in for a surprise!
Feel free to double this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.