Banana cream pie muddy buddies makes a quick, fun and easy no bake treat with the flavors of traditional banana cream pie.
First off, let’s settle something. Do you call it muddy buddies or do you know this candy coated cereal snack as puppy chow? Where I live people know it as both, but I’ve been places where people raise their eyebrows if you try and convince them to eat puppy chow.
This fun snack is easy to make and really does taste like banana cream pie thanks to our secret ingredient; instant banana pudding mix!
- Rice Chex cereal
- Almond bark
- Instant banana pudding mix
- Confectioners sugar
- Mini vanilla wafer cookies or graham cracker pieces
- Banana chips
Making Banana Cream Pie Muddy Buddies Mix
Step 1. Melt the almond bark in a double boiler or by heating at 50% power in the microwave until it’s melted smooth.
Step 2. Stir in the rice Chex cereal.
Step 3. Once the cereal is completely coated with melted almond bark, dump in one box of banana instant pudding and one cup of confectioners sugar. Place a tight fitting lid onto the bowl and shake it well until all the pieces of cereal are coated.
Step 4. Stir in the banana chips and mini vanilla wafer cookies.
Make sure the cereal pieces have dried before storing.
If you can’t find mini vanilla wafer cookies, try substituting broken graham crackers.
If you like this sweet snack mix, you might also enjoy my strawberry cheesecake muddy buddies!
Pin this recipe or click the ❤️ to save it for later!
- 8 cups rice chex cereal
- 9 squares almond bark candy, approximately one pound
- 1 (3.4 ounce box) instant banana pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini vanilla wafers*
- 2 cups banana chips
- Melt the almond bark in a double boiler or at 50% power in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl until the almond bark is completely melted and free of any lumps.
- Add the cereal to a large bowl or container with a tight fitting lid. Pour the melted almond bark over the cereal and lightly stir until all the cereal is coated in almond bard.
- Add the confectioners sugar and banana pudding mix to the bowl. Tightly seal the container and shake vigorously until all the cereal is coated with the sugar mixture. Break up any clumps of pieces that might be stuck together.
- Stir in the banana chips and mini vanilla wafers.
- Store in an airtight container.
*If you can't find mini vanilla wafers, broken graham crackers or mini grahams make a good substitute.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.