Strawberry Cheesecake Muddy Buddies. Strawberry cheesecake flavored muddy buddies with real strawberries and bites of graham crackers. An easy no bake snack mix that everyone will love!
First off, do you call it muddy buddies or puppy chow? Because I grew up calling it puppy chow but it seems like most of the internet does not. Is that just a Midwestern thing?
I made an absolutely divine cheesecake the other day for a birthday party. It was a malted milk ball cheesecake, here’s the link. It started me off on a cheesecake kick! I thought what can I make with flavors I love, like strawberry cheesecake, but that my little nieces and nephews will want to eat too? I couldn’t make another cheesecake so soon because I’d just eaten about half a cheesecake by myself, so muddy buddies it was!
Strawberry cheesecake muddy buddies really does taste like cheesecake. The coating for the muddy buddies has crushed freeze dried strawberries for real strawberry flavor. If you can’t find freeze dried strawberries at your local grocery store, they are available at a reasonable price on Amazon. Mix the crushed freeze dried strawberries with cheesecake pudding mix and powdered sugar. Delish! Add in a few more freeze dried strawberries and mini grahams and it’s like you’ve got all the layers: the crust, the filling and the fruit topping.
Be warned though, this stuff is addictively good! I took about 75 photos of my strawberry puppy chow simply because I couldn’t stop snacking on it as I snapped pics.
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 9 squares almond bark candy, about a pound
- 1 0.8 ounce bag freeze dried strawberries
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini grahams
- Pour the cereal into a large resealable bowl or container.
- Finely crush half the strawberries and mix them with the cheesecake pudding and powdered sugar. Meanwhile, melt the almond bark in a double boiler or in the microwave until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the cereal and lightly stir until completely coated. Pour the powdered sugar mixture over the cereal. Tightly seal the container and shake until the pieces are completely coated.
- Stir in the remaining freeze dried strawberries and 2 cups of mini grahams.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Mini Nilla Wafers make a great substitute for the mini grahams.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment or review below! I’d also love to see what you’ve been making on Instagram or Facebook.
Accidental Happy Baker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at amazon.com.