Spicy and smoky chipotles bring the flavor in this veggie loaded Southwestern Chipotle Quiche. Full of roasted corn, black beans, green onions, cheddar cheese and a hashbrown potato crust, it’s the perfect one dish meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
You might have noticed, I mention my boys quite often during blog posts. My boys are bottomless pits who are always willing to help taste test and critique whatever recipe I’m working on. My daughter though, she’s a little bit of a different story. You see, at the end of Christmas break she decided to become a vegetarian. It’s been a big adjustment for her, well, and for me too. Since she’s made the jump to eating only vegetarian, I’ve moved to only eating meat at dinner time through the season of Lent. She and I work together to plan out and cook her vegetarian meals.
It’s actually been a great experience for us both. She’s learning how to cook and plan healthy meals, and having a pal to cook with makes it easier to stay with my Lenten diet. Here is our most recent vegetarian triumph, a southwestern quiche. This southwestern quiche is brimming with veggies and great smoky chipotle flavor. It starts with a hashbrown potato crust, the crust is then filled with corn, black beans, green onions, cilantro, and cheddar before the egg mixture is poured over the top. But this isn’t any ordinary egg mixture. I add LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo to the eggs, for a smoky and spicy, flavorful combination. Before serving I like to sprinkle on cilantro and fresh sliced avocado. So if you’ve cut the meat out of your diet for Lent, or if you’ve cut the meat out forever, then this is a perfect dish for you. It’s so hearty and filling you won’t feel like you’re missing anything. Gather up some friends and celebrate this Lenten dish together!
Let me tell you a little secret tip for what I do with my leftover peppers and adobo sauce. I love this stuff! First I run them through the food processor and then I pour the pureed peppers and adobo sauce into an ice cube tray to freeze. Then later when I’m making salsa, chili, or tacos I just pop a frozen chipotle cube in for that great smoky, spicy chipotle flavor. It’s such an easy way to add a ton of flavor to a dish, LA MORENA® peppers are the best quality and the only brand I buy!
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded hashbrowns
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup roasted corn
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 LA MORENA® chipotles, plus 1-2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the thawed hashbrowns 1/4 tsp salt and one egg. Using a spoon, press the hashbrown mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until it starts to lightly brown around the edges.
- Add the black beans, corn, green onions, and cilantro to the pie plate, sprinkling evenly over the crust.
- In a blender or food processor. Blend the rest of the eggs, 3/4 teaspoon salt, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and milk. Pour over the veggies and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh sliced avocado, extra chopped cilantro and salsa, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 221