Full of gooey mozzarella cheese, ground beef, Italian sausage, and pepperoni this no boil Crockpot Pizza Casserole makes a great busy weeknight meal.
Pizza, it’s the one thing my kids will always eat and never ever complain about. Especially my meat loving teenage sons. Slow cooker pizza casserole is pretty much as easy as dumping stuff in the slow cooker and switching it on. Now that’s one thing you’ll never hear me complain about! I absolutely love my slow cooker and use it all the time. I found this really neat slow cooker on Amazon that has chalkboard inserts so you can write on the side what it is you’re cooking! Isn’t that cool?
Serve this easy casserole with a side salad and some garlic rolls and call dinner done.
Here’s something you should know about this pizza casserole recipe. It’s a no boil recipe, the pasta gets dumped straight into the crock pot. This is worth pointing out because, yes, it makes this recipe even more simple. But it also changes the texture of the finished pasta just a little bit.
You have to be really careful about not cooking the pasta too long or it will turn into a mushy mess!
Once the pasta is cooked, cheese is mixed in and spread on the top for a delicious cheesy and meaty main dish.
I’ve included my favorite pizza toppings in this recipe, but feel free to switch things up to suit your family’s tastes.
Suggested pizza “topping” ideas:
- Canadian bacon
- Black Olives
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Ricotta Cheese
And even though I am firmly in the “pineapple is good on pizza” camp I don’t think I’d take it this far . That’s a little too outside the box even for me. 😉
This casserole goes great with garlic bread, here are few of my favorite garlic bread recipes. Click on the photos to see the recipes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 3 ounce pkg pepperoni slices
- 1 29 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 15 ounce cans pizza sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 16 ounce box pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet brown the ground beef and Italian sausage with the onion and garlic. Drain the fat. Add the meat mixture to the slow cooker along with the green pepper and pepperoni slices.
- Add the cans of tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, water and basil. Stir to combine and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- If cooking on low, turn the slow cooker to high and stir in the box of pasta. Cover and cook another 18-25 minutes. Check and stir at 18 minutes.
- Stir 2/3 cup of the cheese into the pasta and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Cover for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and serve.
Feel free to substitute whatever pizza toppings your family enjoys. This recipe is adapted from Taste of Home.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment or review below! I’d also love to see what you’ve been making on Instagram or Facebook.
Accidental Happy Baker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at amazon.com.