Roasted green beans and tomatoes make a beautiful side dish that let these veggies natural flavors shine! This quick and easy dish goes well with almost anything. It’s amazing what simple seasonings can do when you’re roasting fresh veggies.
Related recipe: Classic Oven Roasted Chicken
I love this pretty side dish and fresh green beans are one of my favorites. It’s so colorful, fresh and vibrant, like the summer garden. Green beans and cherry tomatoes are simply seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil for a quick side dish that packs a flavorful punch and goes well with…well, pretty much almost anything!
Get the kids, husband, or some friends involved with snapping the ends off the green beans. Many hands make light the work, but really it’s just a fun group activity. And in my experience, I’ve found that when my kids have helped prepare the food they are much more likely to try it. Even if it’s something they think they might not like. Like vegetables.
- Prepare your vegetables. You’ll need about a pound of washed and snapped beans and 1/2 a pound of halved cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil. then toss to coat with a clove of minced garlic. (Or more! You let your heart decide how much garlic you need!)
- Spread the veggies on a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast at 425 degrees for around 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the beans have started to caramelize a bit and the the tomatoes skins have become loose. Enjoy!
Roasted Green Beans and TomatoesYield: 4 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
Roasted green beans and tomatoes makes a beautiful vegetable dish. Simple seasonings of olive oil, salt, and pepper let these veggies natural flavors shine.
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare your green beans by trimming or snapping the ends and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic and olive oil.
- Spread the beans and tomatoes on a baking sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the beans have begun to caramelize and the tomato skins have loosened.
Pin it to save for later!
Accidental Happy Baker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at amazon .com at no additional cost to you.