Cheesy Bacon and Broccoli Dip transforms frozen broccoli, bacon and cheese into a creamy and cheesy, easy and addictive hot party appetizer!
Who can say no to hot cheesy dips? They are definitely one of the first things I head for at a party. This Cheesy Bacon and Broccoli dip is a blend of creamy cheese with crispy bacon and steamed broccoli perfect for scooping up on crackers or corn chips or spreading on your favorite bread.
More appetizers perfect for parties or tail-gating:
If, and that’s a big if, you end up with any leftovers this stuff also makes great quesadillas and filling for omelets. And as my kids would say, eh, it has enough food groups you don’t need to feel guilty!
For this recipe I’ve used frozen broccoli because it’s cheap, easy and more importantly something I always have on hand in the freezer.
- A 10 ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets
- A block of cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar
- Sour cream
- Dried Minced Onion
Making Cheesy Bacon and Broccoli Dip
- You’ll start by cooking the broccoli as directed on the package to crisp tender. (I just microwave it.) Drain it and chop it into pieces small enough to scoop on a cracker and not break your cracker because that’s the worst. (You may be thinking: Amy, why don’t we just use frozen chopped broccoli? Answer: Because I don’t like getting woody pieces that you have to spit out and it seems like there are a ton of those in prechopped frozen broccoli. So broccoli florets it is.)
- 2. Throw the chopped cooked broccoli into a mixing bowl with the cheddar, cooked and crumbed bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and onion and mix it up well.
- 3. Spread it in a pie plate (top it with a bit more cheese if you’re like me) and bake it until it’s golden brown and bubbly at the edges.
Slow Cooker Instructions: You can also make this in a slow cooker. Instead of putting it in a pie plate and baking, just put it in a slow cooker and heat it on low for about 2 hours, or until everything is hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted through. Just stir it halfway through.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soften to room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Cook the broccoli florets to crisp tender according to the package directions. Drain off any excess water and chop into small pieces.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Spread in a pie plate and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly at the edges.
- Alternate Slow Cooker Instructions: Spread in the bottom of a slow cooker and cook on low for approximately 2 hours, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve hot with crackers, scoop corn chips or bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 260Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Accidental Happy Baker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at amazon .com at no additional cost to you.