This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrabHolidayHappiness #CollectiveBias
Tiramisu sheet cake is a light and tender cake that’s soaked with an indulgent coffee syrup and topped with a rich and creamy cheese frosting for a delicious and quick to make twist on the classic.
I am the mother of four kids which means we are constantly on the go, with barely enough time for me to think straight. This is why I am such a huge fan of Dollar General. Dollar General helps me stay sane. It’s so easy to pop in and pick up a few things on my way to work or on my way home. Huge bonus, the employees at my Dollar General are super friendly and I usually never have to wait in line more than just a minute. I’m not kidding, they know me there by name I’m in so much. One thing that I am constantly picking up at Dollar General is Dunkin Donuts coffee. My husband and I huge believers that donut shop coffee is the best coffee. Plus, Dollar General has awesome sales on Dunkin Donuts coffee, especially the K-Cups which I take to work with me. Our family always brews a pot of coffee to enjoy alongside the desserts at our holiday gatherings, so this dessert just goes hand in hand for us. I love keeping flavored K-Cups on hand for my family who like flavored coffee to enjoy with their dessert, this way everyone is happy. Dunkin Donuts coffee is a consistently smooth and delicious cup of high-quality coffee. And because it’s available in a variety of formats, blends, and flavors, there are many different ways for everyone to experience the positive boost Dunkin Donuts coffee provides, whenever and wherever.
This time-saving recipe is perfect for the holiday season and you can even get the majority of the ingredients at your Dollar General, here’s a handy dandy locator to find your nearest Dollar General. Tiramisu sheet cake has all the great things you love about tiramisu, but in sheet cake form, which means it bakes super quick and makes enough to feed a crowd making it perfect for your holiday gatherings.
The base of this cake is a white cake which bakes in just about 15 minutes. While the cake is still hot from the oven, you prick holes in the surface of the cake and pour a delicious Dunkin Donuts coffee syrup over the top of the cake , allowing it to cool and soak in. This tiramisu sheet cake is finished off with a rich and creamy cheese frosting made with mascarpone, cream cheese, sour cream, and whipped topping and then dusted with cocoa and chocolate shavings for an elegant dessert that is perfect served with a steaming cup of coffee.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup very strong brewed hot Dunkin Donuts coffee
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temp
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 ounce containter whipped topping
- unsweetened cocoa
- chocolate curls
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, milk, oil and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Pour the cake batter into the prepared sheet pan and spread evenly over the sheet pan. Lightly tap the bottom of the sheet pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cake is golden brown on top and lightly springs back when touched. Remove to a wire rack.
- While the cake is baking, combine 1 1/2 cups hot coffee and 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. After removing from the oven while the cake is still hot, use a large fork or skewer and poke holes all throughout the surface of the cake. Then pour the hot coffee syrup over the cake, letting the coffee soak into the cake through the holes. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the mascarpone, cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread the cheese frosting evenly over the cooled cake. Sift unsweetened cocoa over the top of the cake and sprinkle with chocolate curls. Refrigerate until time to serve.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a half sheet pan and set aside.