These bite-sized, pumpkin spiced donuts are topped with a cinnamon cream cheese glaze to create perfectly poppable pumpkin roll donuts. Perfectly poppable pumpkin roll donuts–try saying that 5 times fast.
If you were to ask any of my coworkers one thing that I loved, they would probably tell you donuts. They might even say that I’m obsessed with donuts. I won’t even try and deny it. Once you’ve had fresh homemade donuts, there’s no turning back. Especially when they are as easy as these pumpkin roll donuts are.
You know what I love about these gems? They are basically the breakfast form of that fall favorite dessert the pumpkin roll, hence the name. These moist bite-sized pumpkin donuts are topped with a sweet cinnamon cream cheese glaze making them undeniably enjoyable with your morning cuppa .
For this recipe, I’ve used this mini donut pan. I love these pans because you can have a dozen baked donuts in less than 10 minutes. And for a donut fiend like myself, that’s just almost too good to be true. The actual donuts themselves take just a handful of ingredients to whip up, and the vanilla is optional. I just always add it because I think it makes them taste a little more special, but it’s up to you. The glaze for these donuts doesn’t set up like most glazes, it will stay creamy, just like the filling of a pumpkin roll.
I hope you’ll enjoy these easy pumpkin roll donuts as much as we do. Donut fiends unite! If you really love donuts, then you’ll want to check out my “Go Nuts For Donuts” Pinterest board devoted to the best donuts on the internet!
More Donut Recipes to Enjoy:
- 1 box Spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temp
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Mix well until completely combined. Prepare mini donut pans with non-stick baking spray and set aside. Transfer the batter into a disposable pastry bag and snip off the end with a pair of scissors. Pipe the batter into each cavity of the donut pan and bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes or until the donuts are puffy and set, springing back lightly when touched. Cool on a wire rack for 5-7 minutes before removing from the pans.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and corn syrup until light and creamy. Add the cinnamon and powdered sugar and whisk until combined.
- Once the donuts have completely cooled, dip the tops of the donuts in the cinnamon cream cheese glaze and serve.
These donuts are best eaten the day they are made, though they will keep for 2-3 days.