Your favorite pizza flavors and toppings are all together in this hearty and cheesy pepperoni pizza soup!
Today’s soup is a spin on the tortellini soup I posted earlier this winter. But instead of Italian sausage and tortellini, this pepperoni pizza soup has all the flavors you love from your favorite pizza. A rich tomato broth is the base to which fresh veggies, pepperoni, cheese ravioli, black olives, and fresh mozzarella are added.
When I make this soup I use mini pepperonis because I think they’re fun and they don’t have to be chopped up for the soup, but the only mini pepperoni available here are turkey pepperoni.
Today my son took some to school with his lunch. The boy sitting beside him at lunch told him turkey pepperoni were gross. My son let him try one and it turns out the boy thought that turkey pepperoni were pepperoni that was supposed to taste like turkey. My son said he didn’t care that his friend thought they were weird, he doesn’t trust the judgment of someone who puts fruit snacks in pudding anyway. Lol. Little food critics!This soup goes great with the garlic cheese focaccia recipe on my site, but if you’re pinched for time I’ve got a new great garlic bread recipe that I’m going to be adding next week–easy garlic bread pull-aparts, which you can see in the photos with the pepperoni pizza soup.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, optional
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen mini ravioli
- sliced black olives
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large stockpot, saute the onion and garlic together for 5 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, mushrooms, beef broth, tomatoes, basil, pepper, and pepperoni and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the ravioli and cook according to package directions.
- Top with sliced black olives and shredded mozzarella to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 380