Gorgeous mini banana bundt cakes feature moist banana cake draped in smooth chocolate nutella ganache. These banana bundts might be little, but there’s plenty here to love.
It’s the first Monday of the month! That’s right, it’s Yum of the Month time! Today we’re sharing the bundt cake love. Knowing how partial I am to mini desserts, it probably doesn’t come as a surprise to you that I opted to make my bundt cakes mini! Sometimes smaller can be better. There’s a lot to love about my mini banana bundt cakes, like…
Moist banana cake. Check!
Smooth and decadent chocolate nutella ganache. Check!
A dessert that you can not feel guilty about eating for breakfast. Check!
Here’s a two more reasons to convince you in case those weren’t enough.
- If you’re an empty nester, these gorgeous little cakes are portioned just right to share with your sweetheart, allowing you to freeze the extra cakes until they are needed so you’re not left figuring out what to do with the rest of a huge cake.
- If you’ve got kids at home, these little bundt cakes mean everyone can have their very own cake and that’s fun too. Who doesn’t like getting a cake all to themselves? Especially when it’s draped with chocolate nutella ganache.
As far as bundt cakes go, we’re definitely living in the best time. There used to just be one option for baking bundt cakes–the basic bundt pan which is pretty but kind of boring. Now there’s a wide array of gorgeous and intricately shaped bundt cake pans. I personally love Nordic Ware bundt bakeware and have several different shaped cake pans hanging on my kitchen wall. Today’s banana mini bundt cakes were baked in this 6 cup capacity mini bundt pan. The thing that I love about bundts, a great bundt pan will make a wow cake with minimal work. Speaking of minimal work, when it’s time to turn out your cake it should be minimal work. Your cake should just slide right out. I know that this isn’t always the case. Many a time I’ve gone to turn out a bundt cake and had only half the cake come out and the rest stick to the top of the pan. It’s the WORST! The best thing I’ve found to stop this from happening is to make my own homemade cake release (like Baker’s Joy). This stuff is easy to make and it works. Try it with any cake you bake and be wowed!
Mini Banana Bundt Cakes
Gorgeous mini banana bundt cakes feature moist banana cake draped in smooth chocolate nutella ganache.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 6 cup capacity mini bundt pan with either Baker's Joy spray or homemade cake release.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter until light and creamy, add the sugar and beat again until fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and bananas mixing until well combined.
- Add half the dry ingredients and the sour cream, mixing on low and finishing with the remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared mini bundt pan, filling each cavity 2/3 full. Lightly tap the bundt pan on the counter to remove any large air bubbles.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then turn out the cakes. Cool completely.
- Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and butter together until completely melted and no lumps remain. Whisk in the Nutella and drizzle over the cakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508
Wajeeha from I Knead to Eat also went with a chocolate bundt cake, but hers is a Reeses Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake.
This Persian Love Bundt Cake from Shadi at Unicorns in the Kitchen is filled with aromatic rosewater and cardamom.
And for a gluten free option, Michelle at Giraffes Can Bake has for us this Brown Sugar and Pecan Caramel Bundt Cake.
Thursday 24th of February 2022
I am considering these for individual treats on mothers day at church. Who doesn't like their own little cake? Thanks for the idea
Saturday 27th of April 2019
i love this recipe! any idea what kind of time modification i would need to do to make a larger cake out of it?
Monday 29th of April 2019
Hi Sarah, to make this recipe in a regular 6 cup bundt pan you'll need to extend the baking time by at least 15 minutes. I think about 45-55 minutes should work just fine. Hope you enjoy!
Wednesday 9th of November 2016
I'm loving these mini bundt cakes! Nutella and banana are my favorite combination in desserts, and these look like just the perfect dessert or snack!
Michelle @ Giraffes Can Bake
Tuesday 8th of November 2016
These little bundts are soooo cute! They look totally delicious too, love that banana and Nutella combo!
Marsha | Marsha's Baking Addiction
Monday 7th of November 2016
These cakes look so adorable and delicious! I'm loving that Nutella glaze!
Saturday 12th of November 2016
Thanks Marsha. I'm a total Nutella fiend! Between my daughter and I we go through that stuff like crazy.