This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
Full of Kraft Natural Shredded Mexican Cheese and spicy jalapenos, this Jalapeno Popper dip packs a punch of flavor that your friends and family will love. It’s the perfect dip to help warm you up this winter.
I used to host a family get-together every October. We’d have a big meal and let the kids paint pumpkins. We called it Octoberfest. Then people’s schedules got too busy for us all to meet in October and my get together got pushed back to November, so I changed the name to Mocktoberfest.
Mocktoberfest is always the same day as our little town’s annual Holiday Parade, more often than not, it’s flipping freezing outside. We all bundle up and go stand in the cold for an hour and a half to watch all the marching bands, school floats, Shriner cars, horses, pageant princesses and queens, and finale of Santa on top a fire truck with a bunch of cheerleaders! I love this little slice of small town Americana. It’s my favorite parade, in spite of the freezing cold.
After spending the morning bundled up, with frosty noses and freezing toeses, we find this jalapeno popper dip is the perfect appetizer to get us warmed back up! Even though it’s got a spicy kick to it, everyone in my extended family loves it, even the little people. It’s one thing that I know if I make it, there will never be any leftovers, because as soon as they walk in the door and see I’ve made Jalapeno Popper Dip everyone makes a beeline towards it. Holiday parade +Jalapeno popper dip + afternoon Scrabble with my family pretty much equals my favorite day.
(If I could convince them to bring me presents too, then it would be over the top best day ever.)
This dip is a breeze to make, from start time to serve time, it takes just around 30 minutes. You start with softened cream cheese, mayo, shredded mexican cheese, canned jalapenos, and crisp crumbled bacon. Mix it all together, spread into a greased baking dish and top it off with buttered panko bread crumbs.
Serve this dip with sturdy tortilla chips for dipping. I picked up my ingredients at my local Wal-Mart.
- 2 packages Kraft Philadelphia© Cream Cheese, , softened to room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Kraft Natural Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2, 4 ounce cans diced jalapenos, , drained of excess juice
- 6 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese, jalapenos, and bacon.
- Spread in a greased 2qt baking dish.
- Melt butter and stir into panko bread crumbs. Spoon evenly over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, or until the edges are bubbling and the top is lightly browned.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.