I’ve partnered with Dole Packaged Foods to bring you this recipe. #SharetheSunshine #DoleSnacking #Ad
Super easy pineapple salsa is fresh and fruity, spicy and sweet, and takes less than 5 minutes to throw together.
I don’t know about you, but the absolute first thing my kids do when they get home from school is head to the kitchen to get a snack. Of course I try and gently push them towards something that’s somewhat healthy and won’t ruin their dinner. Chips and salsa is a household favorite. We love this easy pineapple salsa. It’s a serving of fruits and veggies, it’s a breeze to make it, and my kids gobble it up! That’s a win in any mom’s book.
Here are a few more of our favorite after school snack recipes:
- Zesty Italian Seasoned Pretzels
- Fruit and Peanut Butter Toast
- Pepperoni Cheese Puffs
- Chunky Monkey Chia Pudding
The base for pineapple salsa is crushed Dole pineapple. Crushed pineapple is the perfect size for scooping up on a tortilla chip without the chip breaking. Don’t you hate in when you go to dip a chip and the chip just keeps breaking off until you have a tiny piece of chip in your grasp and a pile of broken chip in the dip? This happens to me all the time.
This easy pineapple salsa is a hit at snack time, but it also makes a great topping for fish and shrimp tacos. Purely by coincidence, today happens to be the beginning of Lent. So if you need some fresh ideas for eating fish on Fridays perhaps pineapple salsa topped fish tacos will help!
The recipe calls for chopping the red onion and cilantro in a food processor as it makes less of a mess and is so much quicker. It’s literally done in just a minute. But If you don’t have a food processor you can simply finely chop the red onion and cilantro.
- 1 (20 ounce) can Dole Crushed Pineapple
- 1 (10 ounce can) tomatoes and green chiles with lime juice and cilantro
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- Place the cilantro and onion in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Or finely chop by hand.
- Drain all the liquid from the canned tomatoes and green chiles well.
- Combine the Dole Crushed Pineapple with the tomatoes and green chiles, chopped cilantro and red onion.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Pin it for later!