Sweet and savory with a touch of heat. Quick and easy. Full of sweet potatoes, bok choy, black beans, rice and topped with sweet chili sauce, these sweet potato sweet chili bowls are a vegetarian, 30 minute recipe that reheats wonderfully.
Tell me if you’ve ever had this happen– you see a stranger, someone you’ve never seen before and then suddenly you notice this person all over the place? I’ve been feeling this way about sweet potatoes lately.
Sweet potatoes and I used to be basically strangers. We’d have them with dinner a few times throughout the year at my mother in law’s house. Then, suddenly I saw them everywhere and they looked darn good. I decided to give sweet potatoes another chance, a real chance beyond ho-hum Thanksgiving treatment and it turns out I really misjudged them.
My new favorite way to eat sweet potatoes is in these sweet potato sweet chili bowls.
1) They are super quick and simple to make.
2) They incorporate lots of rice and veggies, which I love, that make them healthy and filling.
3) They are great for meal prepping and packing.
These sweet potato sweet chili bowls make a great vegetarian meal that even my meat loving boys enjoy and they are on the table in a flash.
If you’re looking for more easy one dish vegetarian meals, check out my Instant Pot Asparagus Risotto recipe next!
Pin this recipe or click the ❤️ to save it for later!
- 1 1/2 cups leftover rice or quinoa
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet or wok heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Then add the sweet potatoes and saute for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bok choy to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Add the black beans and leftover rice or quinoa and cook until heated through completely. Stir in 3 Tablespoons of sweet chili sauce.
- To serve, top with the sliced green onion, chopped cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466