It’s hard to believe that 4 ingredients and around 20 minutes will yield these soft, melt in your mouth, buttery lemon crinkle cookies.
Lemon crinkle cookies are the sunny sister to the Mint Middle Fudge Crinkles I posted a few weeks ago. Bright lemony flavor shines in these soft and chewy cookies. Cheerful yellow cookie peeks out of the powdered sugar covered cracks along the outside, giving these cookies their characteristic crinkle appearance.
These cookies make a great cake mix recipe to add to your arsenal. Arsenal? Yes! Easy cake mix recipes are the best weapon when you have unexpected guests show up or when the kids need some baked good, like right now, for some meeting they forgot to tell you about. My Cherry Almond Squares and Caramel Apple Dump Cake are some of my favorite cake mix go to’s when I remember about church potlucks at midnight on a Saturday. (You’ve been there, right?)
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and then roll each ball in the powdered sugar, thoroughly coating each cookie.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, let the cookies rest 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 3 dozen
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77