Soft thick peanut butter cookies studded with coarse chopped peanuts and sweet chocolatey m and m’s. They are sure to satisfy your cravings and maybe even make disastrous days feel not quite so bad.
This recipe for chunky peanut butter cookies is kind of a happy accident (like the rest of my life). My boys love to snack on salted peanuts, but one day I bought plain peanuts by mistake. No one would touch them. A few days later I discovered someone had found my M&M stash. They’d only left a few in the bottom of the share size bag. So I took the misfit peanuts and M&M’s, adding them to my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. Now this is my favorite way to make peanut butter cookies!
These cookies have over a cup of peanut butter and a half cup of peanuts, so you if you like my loaded peanut butter rice crispy treats, you’ll love these cookies. More peanut butter = better, right?
I like putting the fork marks in the top of my cookies like traditional peanut butter cookies, but it’s totally up to you. These cookies don’t spread much at all, so if you don’t do the fork marks, you’ll want to flatten them out a bit. And lastly, these cookies do not brown much. Don’t wait until you see a nice deep golden brown on the tops or they will be over-baked, becoming dry and crumbly.
Wait, don’t go without checking out these cookies too!
- Smore’s Cookies
- Chewy French Toast Cookies
- Key Lime Pie Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, Softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup plain peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla, mixing well. Add the flour and baking powder mixing just until the dry ingredients are completely combined. Stir in the peanuts and M&M's by hand.
- Use a small cookie scoop or roll the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Gently press each cookie with the tines of a fork into a cross hatch design or use the bottom of a glass dipped in flour to flatten each cookie to about 1 cm tall.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12- 13 minutes. After removing the pans from the oven, let the cookies rest for 3 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 215