Totally decadent, over the top, loaded peanut butter rice crispy treats. Chewy peanut butter rice crispy treats are layered with peanut butter cup filling, then topped with melted chocolate and m and m’s.
These no bake beauties aren’t for the faint of heart, but are a must make for any peanut butter lover.
I noticed this week that I was becoming pretty predictable with my summer AHB recipes. A little fruit, a simple pastry or cake batter, a tasty glaze and boom, summer recipe. This week I wanted to break out of the mold. I decided that I either wanted to make something really healthy and refreshing or something terribly decadent and over the top.
Yeah, sorry about that. The sweet usually wins out, especially this week. This week was a monumental week in my household, our oldest child got their first car. Having a kid that is old enough to be out on their own going places feels crazy…and terrifying. And it makes me feel darn stinking old! But if that weren’t enough, the day after that some teenage boy gave me my senior citizens discount at the grocery store! (I’m still in my 30’s) I cried. It was ridiculous. And then I came home and ate a loaded peanut butter rice crispy treat. I swear it was good timing for these to be in my house this week. LOL. When life gets rough, just pour some chocolate on it, that’s what I say. So here’s to the days when silly things make us cry. May you break out the chocolate and peanut butter, break up the sadness, and move on to greater things!
Loaded Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
Chewy peanut butter rice crispy treats are layered with peanut butter cup filling, then topped with melted chocolate and m and m's.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 11.5 ounce bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup m and m's
- In a saucepan, cook together the corn syrup and sugar over medium heat stirring frequently until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in one cup of peanut butter. Mix in 6 cups of crisp rice cereal.
- Press the mixture into a well greased 9x13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, melted butter and powdered sugar.
- Smooth the peanut butter topping evenly over the rice crispy treats.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter filling and top with m and m's.
- Allow to cool completely to set up.
- Store somewhere cool.