This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #KaroSyrup
Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies are the perfect combination between chewy macaroons and classic chocolate chip cookies.
These coconut chocolate chip cookies bake up nice and thick, with soft centers and chewy edges. And they stay soft for days. But maybe your kids hate coconut? Bonus! More cookies for you!
These cookies have a secret ingredient that makes them extra special and it’s probably something you already have sitting in your cupboard, Karo® Corn Syrup.
Did you know that Karo® Corn Syrup makes cookies chewier on the outside while retaining soft middles? It’s true. A lot of people only think of Karo® Corn Syrup when it’s time to start their holiday baking. However, Karo® Corn Syrup has been a classic ingredient in Southern cooking for over 100 years. There are so many more great uses for it than just pecan pie! One of my favorites is Chewy French Toast Cookies , but you can find even more amazing Karo® Corn Syrup recipes here.
Chewy coconut chocolate chip cookies are quick and easy to make. Because these cookies call for shortening instead of butter, there’s no chill time before baking which really speeds the process along.
I like to roll the cookie dough into balls about 2 inches in diameter for these cookies. That way they bake up nice and thick. You can also use whatever your preference is for the chocolate chips, but my recommendation is dark chocolate.
These cookies don’t look completely done at the end of the bake time, but they are. They will be extremely soft when they come out of the oven, so the 2-3 minute rest on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks is essential to let them set up a bit. Pulling them before they look completely done leaves the centers nice and soft.
Tips for the best chewy cookies:
- Remove the cookies from the oven before they look completely done. About 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies rest 2-3 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
- If your cookies dry out, add a slice of bread to bring the softness back.
- You can even add Karo® Corn Syrup to your existing cookie recipes to make them chewier.
Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip CookiesYield: 36Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 11 minutesTotal Time: 21 minutes
Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies are the perfect combination of chewy classic chocolate chip cookies and coconut.
- 3/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 12 ounce bag dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 cookie sheets with non stick silicone baking mats.
- Beat together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the Karo® corn syrup, eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- To this mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips by hand.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls about 2 inches in diameter and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pin this recipe for later!
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment or review below! I’d also love to see what you’ve been making on Instagram or Facebook.