I am so excited about today’s post. Today’s fresh strawberry and nutella tart was one of the most gorgeous desserts I’ve photographed for a long time.
When I was thinking about creating this tart I knew right off the bat that I wanted to make something with strawberries because in my mind they are the prettiest fruit. Apparently a lot of other people love strawberries as much as me, because for several weeks in a row every time I went to the grocery store they were sold out of strawberries! I finally got a hold of some good ones and whipped up this easy strawberry nutella tart. This tart starts off with a homemade sweet pastry crust. The filling is a super creamy and chocolatey no bake combination of cream cheese, nutella, and whipped topping. It’s then finished with a layer of fresh sliced strawberries.
Tarts look like a lot of work, but they aren’t really. The hardest part of this strawberry chocolate tart is layering the strawberries to look pretty! Maybe that’s just the perfectionist in me sneaking out. The crust and filling can be made a day or so ahead of serving time, but it’s best not to put the strawberries on the top until just before serving this tart so they stay nice and fresh and don’t leak strawberry juice into the chocolate filling.
Be prepared for no leftovers when you make this one! Every time I take this strawberry nutella tart somewhere I come home with an empty plate.
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, , divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup whipped topped
- 16 ounces strawberries, , sliced
- Beat together the butter, 4 ounces cream cheese, and powdered sugar together. Gradually add in the flour and salt. Mix in the ground almonds by hand, the dough will be stiff by this point. Shape the dough into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge one hour.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a 12 inch circle.
- Press the dough into a round tart pan and trim the edges. There will be a little bit of extra dough. Lightly prick the sides and bottom with a fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 22-27 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool completely before filling.
- For the filling, beat together the nutella, remaining 4 ounces cream cheese and whipped topping.
- Spoon into the cooled tart shell and top with sliced strawberries. Gently remove the tart from the pan before serving.