Creamy dreamy Lemon Feta Dip is bright and lemony, cheesy and zippy with a hint of red pepper spice. It’s perfect for dipping pita chips and crudites.
This recipe truly was a happy accident. I have a habit of buying in bulk when fresh fruits and vegetables are on sale and this creamy dip was the result of a bowl full of lemons and avocados that I experimented with.
Cheese lovers, this is not your typical cheese dip.
Feta cheese takes on a truly decadent texture when it’s whipped with mayo and avocado. Unfortunately for you avocado lovers, the avocado flavor is pretty much drowned out by the other more flavorful ingredients in this recipe, like the lemon and garlic. Adding the avocado does fulfill a very important role though in giving the dip it’s wonderful creamy texture and allowing us to cut back on the mayo a bit.
Making the dip step by step
- Zest and then juice your lemon. Coarsely chop the avocado.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor, reserving a few crumbles of feta cheese to sprinkle over the top later.
- Whiz it in the food processor until it’s well combined.
- Spread the dip evenly in a bowl or serving plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil, crushed red pepper and reserved feta crumbles to serve.
What goes with whipped feta dip?
Serve this dip with pita chips or fresh veggies. It also makes a great spread for fresh pitas! Spread it on a pita along with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, and chicken for an easy and delicious entree.
This dip is the lightest and creamiest the day that it is made. It will stay good in the fridge for several days though. Before serving, stir well and drizzle with olive oil and crushed red pepper.
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely chop the avocado. Zest and juice the lemon.
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor, reserving a few crumbles of feta cheese to use as a garnishment for the finished dip.
- Process until all the ingredients are well blended and the dip is creamy and smooth.
- Spread the dip evenly in a bowl or on a serving plate.
- Before serving, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle crushed red pepper and reserved feta cheese over the top.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, or fresh veggies.
This dip is the lightest and creamiest the day that it is made. It will stay good in the fridge for several days when stored in an airtight container. Before serving, stir well and drizzle with olive oil and crushed red pepper.
Pin this recipe or click the ❤️ to save it for later!
You might also enjoy these cheesy finds!
Accidental Happy Baker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at amazon .com at no additional cost to you.