Hiya, I’m Amy. I hail from a tiny town in Missouri where the major claim to fame is that we’re the home of sliced bread. You know that saying, best thing since sliced bread? Well that historic first slicing happened here.
Much like Otto Rohwedder, that guy who invented the first bread slicing machine, I love taking something great and tweaking it to make it just a little more simple. His goal wasn’t to change the world, just to make life a little easier. That’s what I try and do with the recipes on Accidental Happy Baker.
Take for example this favorite recipe of mine, Instant Oatmeal Scones; tender, moist, and flaky scones made easy and customizeable with instant oatmeal packets. Dude, yes. Instant Oatmeal Packets. I get a lot of messages about these. It never fails to surprise people that something awesome could come from something as simple as instant oatmeal packets.
And these Asiago Cheese Soft Pretzels, which go from start to finish in just 30 minutes. They are the most popular recipe on my site and include a common theme you’ll find me gushing over, cheesy carbs.
Or this Chunky Monkey Chia which takes literally like two minutes to whip up the night before, freeing you up for a stress free breakfast the next morning.
There are a lot of food snobs out in the world, but I’m not one of them. I’m all about simple real life cooking, transforming a ho-hum mix into something awesome.
Which leads me to this disclaimer.
Warning! The author of this blog:
- Is hyper.
- Dances in her car wildly like a maniac for all to see.
- Can’t take a good selfie to save her life, but posts all the horrible ones anyway.
- Gets weird Hulk veins in her neck when smiling.
- Can’t eat without making a mess all over herself.
- Can’t cook without the kitchen looking like something exploded.
- Likes 90s music and incorporates made up song lyrics into blog posts.
- Is incredibly immature, still calls people poopheads, and sticks her tongue out people when experiencing road rage.
- Thinks that photos like this one of me falling out of this tree are hilarious and should be shared on the internet.
More about me. I’m married, have 4 kids, and one angel who passed away in 2006 after open heart surgery. My family is my whole world. I work as a social media manager/children’s librarian at my local public library. Have to say, I’ve got the best jobs in the world! Convincing people to read great books and make awesome food.
If you read this far, boy you are a trooper! You might just be the kind of person who wants to sign up for my newsletter. So, here’s a subscription box just for you. Just enter your email address and get one email from me a week about what’s new here on AHB.