This sparkling peach green tea is lightly sweet and fruity, with a kick of carbonation. It’ll knock your socks off.
Hi, my name is Amy and I am an addict. I am addicted to tea.
Hot or iced.
Black, white, or green.
It doesn’t really make a difference, I love it all.
Not that long ago I got a can of Lipton sparkling peach green tea in a swag bag and it blew my mind.
It was like combining two of my all time favorite drinks: green tea and peach pop (soda, soft-drink, whatever you call in in your part of the country)…but better. I’m tempted to tell you now about the time at church camp when I tried to drink my peach pop in the shower because that seemed like a swanky thing to do. Except, I slipped and fell out of the shower in front of everyone while clinging to my precious peach pop and it was really embarrassing. So I won’t go into details.
Let’s just say I’m serious about my peach flavored beverages.
I immediately started searching for a place to buy this awesomeness.
When I found it, I discovered that it was too expensive for me to drink by the gallon. Which was really what I wanted to do. I did buy a couple cans and my kids got into it. They loved it too! I knew then that I was going to have to figure out a way to make sparkling tea.
This tea is so simple to make. You start with a couple of peaches, a little bit of sugar, and water boiled together to make a simple peachy keen syrup. The other components are easy-peasy. Cold brew green iced tea and club soda. I tried to keep the sugar minimal because:
- I don’t like sugar to overpower my drinks, especially not my tea.
- I hate drinking all my calories for the day.
The peachiness of this is subtle and fresh with absolutely no artificialness to it at all. To keep the sparkle in your drink, I recommend waiting to mix the tea and club soda until you are ready to drink it. If you can’t get fresh, sweet juicy peaches for whatever reason, you can substitute frozen peaches.
So come on, break out the lounge chair, grab a novel, and an ice cold glass of this sparkling tea and enjoy that delicious spring sun.
Sparkling Peach Green Tea
This sparkling peach green tea is lightly sweet and fruity, with a kick of carbonation.
- 2 medium sized ripe peaches , sliced thinly
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 family sized cold brew green tea bag
- 1 liter water
- 1 liter club soda
- To make peach syrup:
- In a small saucepan, first combine 1 cup water and the sugar. Stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Add the peach slices and bring to a boil. Let boil 2-3 minutes, smashing the peaches up to really get peach flavor in there.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let it sit and steep for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the peaches from the syrup.
- Brew one liter of cold brew green tea according to directions.
- Add the peach syrup to the tea and mix well.
- To serve:
- Mix equal parts tea and club soda. Serve over ice.